start writing applications - how?

Emre Turkay emreturkay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:08:04 CET 2007

There are python packages available on both the repository and in the
compilation output directory, you can install them with ipkg. Practically
you don't need any moko specific example or documentation (except gsm/gps
related issues, in which case you need to look at the code and interact with
those services through dbus). Just consult the python/gtk examples and your
code will run on any platform including moko. You don't need to do anything
for the screen size, gtk is handling them very good. You may, however, want
to optimize your design for a 480x640 display, which is done in application
specific way (i.e., placing buttons in an optimized way.) So, there is
nothing stopping you ;)

Scripting is easy, however support for developing C/C++ applications is a
disaster. You have to have the ability to touch your left ear with your
right hand's thumb, while standing up-down on the other arm and break the
100m Olympic record on running (or better have a seat at FIC) to be able to
write those applications. About the development platform, no central
documentation (even no documentation at all), no community support so far.
There was an announcement on the list about a development framework as far
as I remember, but I heard nothing about it again.

Emre Turkay