bug #747, qmake & possible missing bbclass

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Thu Oct 4 00:01:38 CEST 2007

Pretty sure this list isn't the right place for this but...

There's a bug on bugzilla (#747) which I've also encountered and fixed.

First, I think this may be a bug in upstream qmake 4.3.1 as I've been developing a lot with Qtopia outside OpenMoko. Every time I run qmake -project I have to manually add network to the QT variable in the project file, even for hello world.

Second, I also needed to modify the Makefile qmake produced and edit the "LINK= $(OE_QMAKE_LINK)" to LINK=$(CXX). This is because OE_QMAKE_LINK isn't defined. Looking through the OpenEmbedded tree there is a class called qmake.bbclass (& qmake2.bbclass) which defines OE_QMAKE_LINK. I don't know OpenEmbedded too well but I do know portage/gentoo and I assume a bbclass is like an eclass in portage?? If that's the case, surely the uicmoc4-native_4.3.1 recipe needs to inherit from the qmake or qmake2 class? I guess this may have been fixed in upstream OpenEmbedded? Like I say, my OpenEmbedded knowledge is a bit limited, so what I just wrote may make no sense whatsoever. :-)

Cheers,

Tom

PS: In future, where's the best place for this kind of stuff? Should I have created a new bug?