gtk-sharp packages available for neo

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Fri Oct 5 19:08:51 CEST 2007

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:59:11 +0200, Mikkel Meyer Andersen
<openmoko at mikl.dk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Yes, I did see that. And I have the src locally
> (~/moko/openmoko/trunk/src/target/OM-2007/openmoko-libs/libmokoui) which
> is also well-documented.
>
> The problem is that C# cannot use the C-files as references (directly),
> but instead has to use the libraries (the result of the C-files after
> compilation) with a lot of interoping - and that is really a error-prone
> task (just as an example byte in C corresponds to unsigned char in C#
> etc).
>
> To the C-files could be used as documentation for making the interoping,
> and that's exactly what Swig does. So I'm going to test if those
> autogenerated C#-classes is usable.

ok, sorry I couldn't be of more help - I am never sure if everyone else has
the same "crack addiction" that I have about all news openmoko-related.  I
check a few times a day :)

I am not a C# (or really C-anything developer), so while I understand the
basic details of your response - I have never had to do anything like that
- sounds like an ugly integration though.  The abstraction you propose in
your follow-up email sounds like a good way to manage it though.

The benefit of using C# is to run code developed for WM?

I don't know much about it as a language except that it was originally
(IIRC) developed for windows (by MS?)

I hope you don't mind, but I am copying the list on this - it might be
educational to more than me.