No Camera???

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Sat Oct 6 19:06:06 CEST 2007

I've been following OpenMoko for nearly a year now and the thought has only just struck me - There's no camera!

Even the GTA02 seems to be missing a camera. Surely if this is intended to be aimed at consumers a camera is a must?

If you look on Nokia's website they have 35 phones listed. Filter that by "with camera" and you get 30. Consumers want cameras and no consumer is going to buy a phone without one??

When the Neo is finally launched as a consumer product (say early 2009) it's not going to matter how open it is or how many 3rd party apps there are - People will not buy a phone without a camera. I think the whole project is in real danger of being a very big, expensive flop.

Please, someone put my mind at rest! :-)