No Camera???

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 21:21:47 CEST 2007

Think of it in terms of modularity. You do not have to carry and think about
a camera which will quickly become obsolete (or is already obsolete)
compared to superior cameras that are available. Phone cameras are almost
uniformly terrible, because they are tacked on as extra features with really
no impact on the usability of the phone. They just waste money and space
producing images which could be beaten by a 2-year-old drawing with crayons.
I /hate/ phone cameras, because a horrifying number of people have become
convinced they can take lasting photos of important events using their
telephones, and they only figure out how wrong they were when it is too
late.

Sure, your phone doesn't have a camera, but it does have lots of room for
expandability. An external camera, actually built specifically to take
decent pictures, talking to the phone wirelessly, would work much better.
(Except for batteries, which is an interesting problem).

Bye,
-Dylan McCall