qtopia flash image update

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sun Oct 7 20:43:37 CEST 2007

openmoko at tonymorelli.com wrote:
> Wow!  With qtopia I can actually use my neo!  Battery life sucks, but oh
> well..
>
> One thing tho - I cant play mp3s it says media type not supported..any
> ideas as to why or where to look for a more specific error message?  wavs
> are fine, but mp3s dont work

Thats because mp3 codecs are patented and licensed. In the case of
Trolltech's flash images, we don't have a license to distribute this
particular codec.

I have been working on gstreamer for Qtopia, so you will soon be able to
install whatever gstreamer codecs are available.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech