3G status within the US?

ian douglas id at w98.us
Mon Oct 8 22:51:59 CEST 2007

The version number on my TMobile SIM is 39.01a and does NOT work. My
AT&T SIM is listed on the wiki within the range of serial numbers that
will not work.

I'm disappointed that this isn't something that's field-programmable. I
feel like I wasted the money buying this phone since it's just a
glorified calculator at this point. Yes, I know it's still a 'developer'
phone, but when I can't even jump into the code to help solve this, it
sorta defeats the purpose.

-id