3G status within the US?

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Tue Oct 9 04:08:44 CEST 2007

The numbering SIM cards is based on ISO/IEC 7812.
The maximum length of the visible card number is 19 or 20 characters:

Issuer Identification number (max. 7 digits)
Major Industry Identifier (MII), 2 digits, 89 for telecommunication
purposes.
Country code, 1-3 digits, as defined by ITU-T recommendation E.164.
Issuer identifier, variable.
Individual account identification number
Parity check digit

The number 71234 O 4022 is not a SIM card (ICCID) number.
The IMEI is the serial number of the device (phone) not the card.

Doug Sutherland
Proficio Research
http://www.proficio.ca/