Some ideas for the accelerometer

Dietz Proepper dietz.openmoko at rotfl.franken.de
Fri Oct 12 11:44:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

first, I'm new to this list, hello.

Second, an the reason to subscribe ;-) I've got an idea for using the
accelerometer. If it came up before, sorry for the bandwidth.

But now, for the real stuff.
The following scenario, you carry your phone in some pocket. Now it rings,
but you want it to get quiet quickly. What happens? You start digging for
your phone, struggle for the "get quiet" button. Wouldn't it be more
comfortable to simply knock at the pocket (and therefore the phone),
detect the acceleration of the shock and shut off the bell? I don't have a
Neo to try, but if the accelerometer is sensible enough to realize such an
event, it should be quite easy to implement I think.
If that works, making "knocking the phone" some kind of input event might
be the next logical step...

What do you think?

kindest regards,
	Dietz Proepper