Keypad for fingers, not stylus

Alex Zhang celeber2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:48:37 CEST 2007

> It might be worth reusing/reimplementing SCIM or other multilingual
> dictionary system (http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html) instead of
> T9.  I have used SCIM with Gnome on Ubuntu Linux to convert pinyin to
> mandarin.  I think SCIM also plays nice with X, and I assume it would
> not be too difficult to make it convert "number-speak" to English.
> So, the hardest part would probably be building the dictionary, and
> getting the whole thing to build and fit on the phone.
AFAIK, there is a Linux Mobile-Phone design house uses SCIM for thier
product in China.
In fact, I plan to port SCIM to openmoko after openmoko runs OK on my
A1200 or I get a Neo. :)
And a good news is I remember Sean mentioned in ML that Openmoko
development team has an input method expert. ;)

Alex Zhang