Some ideas for the accelerometer

Torsten Wagner tottiwagner at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 12 14:08:18 CEST 2007

I guess it might be not to hard to implement your idea. This is an
classical example of e.g. fault detection. Used in the industry to
identify "strange" sensor signals which might indicate a coming fault in
the system. The idea is to precisely identify an odd behaviour long
before a complete breakdown and to fix it within the normal maintenance
intervals.
People developed a lot of algorithms to identify this odd signals. I
guess they can be used to clearly separate between walking and an
intentional acceleration to interact with the phone.
We just need an expert in fault detection analysis. :D

Greetings

Torsten