Some ideas for the accelerometer

Oliver embry00s at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:38:40 CEST 2007

I've had similar ideas, but haven't posted them yet. Here's one:

Imagine you're surfing the internet, or checking a map, or something like
that. We don't have a multi-touch screen, so we can't zoom out with our
fingers like iPhone users. Zooming out, though, is something we really
should be able to do. So just hold a hardware button and bring the phone
closer to your face!

The site/image should be shrunk in such a way that you'll think it is
stationary "behind" the phone, and the phone screen is a window through
which you can view this image/site! When you've spotted something you want
to focus on, somewhere else on the page, don't scroll, just keep holding the
button bringing the phone/window down to that place. If you stop holding the
button, the image can either stay where it is, or go to it's original
zoom-level.

Just imagine, if you think of the screen as a window, what incredibly fun
games you could develop for the phone!

/Oliver