NetBSD/evbarm Neo1973 kernel

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Oct 12 20:55:00 CEST 2007

> dmesg from real hardware is appreciated

Hm, in the spirit of adventure, I just flashed your NetBSD kernel on
my Neo, like this:

uma% ./dfu-util -a kernel -R -D ~/Desktop/netbsd.boot dfu-util - (C)
2007 by OpenMoko Inc.

Then I tried booting it from the serial console.   I can't tell
whether it went catatonic, or whether it simply is outputting to a
console device I don't have attached, but the last output I got was
this, which came from the boot loader, not the kernel (this is on the
usbmodem console):

GTA01Bv4 # boot

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x44000, size 0x200000
  2097152 bytes read: OK
## Booting image at 32000000 ...
    Image Name:   Kernel Image
    Created:      2007-10-09  22:49:50 UTC
    Image Type:   ARM NetBSD Kernel Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size:    2088749 Bytes =  2 MB
    Load Address: 30008000
    Entry Point:  30008110
    Verifying Checksum ... OK

So basically it just fell flat on its face.   I'd be happy to test
more kernels, but I don't have any particular suggestions as to what
may have gone wrong.   One worry I'd have is that in the transition
from the boot prom to the kernel, the USB serial device might go
away, at which point seeing the console would be problematic.   Are
you expecting that the console will be visible via the debug board?
I have one at home, but I won't have access to it until ~Wednesday.

Anything I can do to help, please let me know.   I'd love to see
NetBSD running on my Neo.