I'm new in this list

Ryan Prior piratehead at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 04:03:08 CEST 2007

The fact is that the "first version" was put out early so that hardware
hackers and developers could get their hands on the phone in advance. The
hardware is simply not ready for consumers, but hopefully with the help of
all the people who have bought the hardware and are hacking on it we will
have a good product when GTA02 is launched. GTA02 will use the same
software, and the things that benefit the GTA01 will carry over to the GTA02
-- the difference is that the GTA02 will have better hardware, allowing it
to be more useful and competitive in the marketplace. More hardware options
is a good thing, and the software will improve -- so buy a phone now and get
hacking, start writing software on your own computer and wait to buy
hardware, or just sit it out and wait for the consumer-ready product to come
out (in about a year, by my relatively uneducated estimation).

Hope that clears up the current state of things a bit.