Update: GPS driver for GTA01 and GSM firmware for GTA01

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Oct 13 18:55:57 CEST 2007

I have received some further updates from Harald.

Apparently we have resolved the legal issues with the driver for the GPS
chip on GTA01, and the problem right now is that we switched from OABI
to EABI. The original driver from Global Locate / Broadcom worked for
OABI but is not quite working for EABI. Work is proceeding on this.

To expand a little on what Harald wrote, thanks to TI we are now able to
distribute the upgraded GSM firmware, but we're still working on the
exact distribution terms for the firmware update program.

Michael