List formatting request

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Sat Oct 13 18:57:49 CEST 2007

Doug Parker writes:
>Excuse my repeat request, but is there any way to add a blank newline after
>the SUBJECT: line in the email postings? It would make all of the lists a
>lot easier to scan.

In a word, no -- or if it is possible, it wouldn't be a good idea.
What you're asking for is special formatting of a part of the message
(the headers) that really isn't formatted.  In the case of my MUA (vm
inside emacs), I've got two more lines of header after the Subject:
line (in posts from this list).  Other MUAs don't even put the headers
and the body in the same buffer when it displays them.