Trolltech drops greenphone for OpenMoko (Neo)

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Oct 23 22:06:00 CEST 2007

Zalunin Pavel wrote:
> Yeah, I think, that greenphone today is not actually project, because
> now Compulab created hw platform for creating smartphones for $2300 . It
> has sensor big sensor panel.
> And of couse OpenMoko Neo 1973 is better than greenphone. Qt released
> greenphone, but not upgraded it....

Actually, we did upgrade it.

When we first released the Greenphone, it came with Qtopia 4.1.7, The
whole 4.2 series had Greenphone releases. Now we are preparing to
release Qtopia 4.3.0.

What didn't get upgraded was the kernel. This is because it is out of
our control. We don't do hardware, nor kernel development. This is up to
the manufacturer, not Trolltech.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech