Exact release date of GTA01Bv4??

Mark wolfmane at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:51:34 CEST 2007

Richard Reichenbacher richard5 at email.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 24 01:25:49 CEST 2007
>I gave you the wiki page SPECIFICALLY for the GTA02.  You'd think that
>would be the most likely place to find information about it.  Michael
>Shilo (if I spelled his name right) provides updates to the community
>list all the time.  Pay attention or quit complaining.

Uh, no, who really cares what the revision of the the thing is? No
consumer does. The most logical place to disseminate projected release
information is on the "Announce" list. What part of "Announce" do you
not understand?

The non-developers who want these only want to know when _a_ (as in
"any") version is going to go on sale to the general public. They also
are not going to feel like (or in many cases be capable of) digging
through the entire site to find the one place where updated
information is available, nor are they going to understand how a wiki
works. They are going to assume (reasonably) that the pages that
describe the minutiae of the hardware are static. An email list they
can understand.

...and, I HAVE been "paying attention".

To quote Michael Shiloh:
"You are partially correct, we are aiming for November, but the truth is
we can't tell exactly when it will be available for ordering because we
don't know what unexpected surprises we'll run in to.

Right now we're pretty happy with the third revision of GTA02 (GTA02v3).
We started the forth revision already and we should be our first units
of GTA02v4 so that we can start evaluating them any day now.

But as to exact dates, we can not predict that."

... which was only posted today, after the question had been asked,
and he never made any other posts that in the least bit addressed
dates until yesterday. And even this post is extremely vague.

I have been scouring the site all along, but the last time I checked
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02 that timeline information was NOT
there. Apparently I've been paying a lot more attention than you...

Wolfmane