Evolution - Message Filters

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Wed Oct 24 15:57:18 CEST 2007

Ok, I wanted to share what I found.  It isn't quite as
easy/straightforward as that.  There is a preliminary step that you have
to take for that to work.

You have to go to your Edit->Preferences then on the mail accounts menu,
select Edit for the mail account you are wanting to have filters enabled
on.  Then on the Receiving Options tab, you have to check the option
"Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this server"

I find that very non-obvious and extremely frustrating since you setup
filters but they don't work.  Oh well.  Maybe that is something we can
address in the version that is used in OM.

Thanks to all who responded.

-Jonathon