Community Update

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Wed Oct 31 22:21:09 CET 2007

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> The next issue was technical, and resulted from the switch from OABI to
> EABI. That issue has a number of workarounds (wrapper, chroot), but
> unfortunately all these technical solutions raise another set of legal
> issues.

I personally would be satisfied with the original "bare" OABI binary,
i.e. one that I could run if I rolled back my rootfs to a 2007.1 image.
I also don't need any of the "Assisted" GPS features yet (i.e. the
orbit-prediction data from Global Locate); all I want is to be able to
take my phone outside and get a position fix.

Is there any chance of convincing your lawyers to let you release an
"as-is" version of the binary under the same sort of "developers only,
you have been warned" disclaimer that we had to accept when we purchased
the GTA01 hardware?