gpsd and AGPS

Mikko J Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 4 11:14:33 CEST 2007

On ti, 2007-09-04 at 09:01 +0000, Giles Jones wrote:
> Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote :
> > Am I getting it right that while GTA01 used to contain a GPS receiver,
> > GTA02 doesn't have one?
>
> I think he was referring to the fact that he works for broadcom and it
> would be easier for him to advice if it did.
>
> GTA01 and GTA02 have a Global locate chipset.

Sigh. Broadcom acquired Global Locate. However, for whichever reasons,
GTA02 will have a different GPS chip. On the IRC channel, I heard that
the new chip/vendor is more co-operative with free software, at least.

Have I missed something by the way and has gllin for GTA01, OpenMoko
2007.2 been released yet? Since we have a Broadcom guy here, Ken, you
know what the deal is with that?

--
Mikko J Rauhala <mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi>
University of Helsinki