other text input concept...

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Sep 4 16:28:51 CEST 2007

--- wrote:
> I had made some updates on my idea to a new text input method:
>
> http://www.inf.ufsc.br/~guy/text_input.html
>
> an append: when the user press the key it could expand (about 40%) that key
> and contract the others. With that, the user probably will see all chars
> that he can access by that key, even with his finger on the keyboard...
>
> what do you think?
>
> Guy
I really like that general style of input as it has large keys and can
be done fairly easily using one hand.  However, the only thing I'm not
too thrilled about with this design is the key layout.  What was the
logic behind where they keys were placed?  I would think with just some
minor tweaks, it could be very usable.  Yeah, and the color scheme does
need a little work.  Keep up the good work.

-Jonathon