Making GPRS/pppd connection.

Bartlomiej Zdanowski AutoGuard Ltd. b.zdanowski at autoguard.pl
Thu Sep 6 07:29:33 CEST 2007

Hi Community.

Did anyone make successful GPRS connection according to the wiki? I got
some errors after a few first AT commands. Enabling debug with

pppd debug call gprs

pppd shows series of lines

and then

tcsetattr: Invalid argument (line 964)

pppd hangups and no connections is made. I tried to stop gsmd, restart
gsmd, kill dialer and other software which might be disturbing gsm but
no success. I have a card with pin checking but I added
AT+CPIN?
AT+CPIN="mypin"
and it works elsewhere correcly. Minor information is that I'm using
Orange PL (polish) sim card. I didn't try other cards.
Does anybody know how to run this machinery? Please help.

--
*Bartlomiej Zdanowski*
Programmer

Place of registration: Regional Court for the Capital City of Warsaw
Registration no.: 0000287629
Share capital: 1 059 000 PLN
Polish VAT and tax ID no.: PL1132219747
Omulewska 27 street