Apple is going to beat all competitors

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:57:01 CEST 2007

On 9/7/07, Peter Viani <peter.viani at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/7/07, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/7/07, Nkoli <coomac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The mass produced version will be $450. There will also be the issue of
> > > nokia's upcoming touchscreen device to contend with.
> >
> > I think it will need to be $300 or less to sell large quantities.
> >

> I agree.  Without 3G and/or a more competitive price point, I can't see this
> becoming much more than a small niche product.

I think it is important to get the neo1973v2 out on sale as soon as
possible. Then we can make software that may defend the price. I don't
think the basic version could be sold for any less than $400. Maybe
the advanced kit could be sold for $500? I don't know. But I think
that the phone is so special that it can defend the price. It just
need some good looking, well featured and optimized software.