Apple is going to beat all competitors

Raphael Jacquot sxpert at sxpert.org
Fri Sep 7 22:15:00 CEST 2007

Kalle Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Mikko Rauhala wrote:
>> Hell, a simple app for encrypted voice calls over GSM data will
>> instantly make it the cheapest, most transparent secure cellular, adding
>> it on the top of the shopping list of another niche. I'm sure there are
>> other killer features that add a niche at a time. And those add up.
>>
> Yeah, thats the kind of Freedom fighting ads Openmoko needs.. :)
>
> "Are you scared of the big brother? Heres a cheap phone for secure calls!"
>
> Don't get me wrong, it's great that people can build up on this. But it
> might well be that this kind of features narrow chances on *certain*
> markets. ECHELON are you listening? ;)

agreed.
it appear those things are so expensive that I couldn't find any price
for it. (searching for "secure cell phone" on google)
also, it appears that none of those things can talk to one another, each
doing it's little thing.
now, if we can have something similar to an STUIII phone, with public
keys and stuff (think either using gpg or ca-cert keys), we're on to
something that could become a standard.
one thing though, we may need a special tempest proof version of the
case for that to be sufficiently secure