Apple is going to beat all competitors

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Sat Sep 8 04:22:04 CEST 2007

> The iPhone killer, competitor, or comparisons you have been describing - to
> me - should not be done against the neo.
I happen to think that the neo is indeed an anti-iphone.  Unfortunately
a lot of people confuse this position with the idea that the neo is an
iPhone killer - something entirely different.  An iPhone killer would be
a phone that takes on the iPhone in its target market - nontechnical
style mongers - and surpasses it.  The neo is not that phone.

An anti-iPhone, to my mind, is a phone that is open to one and all to
develop for it.  A phone without barriers to its use, without corporate
controls and without toll gates.  That's what makes the neo special, not
its touchscreen, its round shape, its GPS even.

The problem is that people confuse the anti-iPhone and iPhone-killer
concepts so much.  This subtle distinction is lost in the rush to
blogging sensationalism.  So it this light maybe the iPhone should be
left out of the rhetoric entirely, when possible.  Let's not forget that
the neo is also the anti-razr, anti-ming, anti-nokia.  Its the
anti-samsung, anti-blackberry.  In fact, whatever phone you have, its
anti-that-too.

The only exception would be maybe the greenphone, only if i remember
correctly that requires some extra payment to become a developer.  So I
guess the neo is the anti-greenphone as well.