ATI to provide specs (was: Re: SMedia 3362)

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Sep 10 21:25:34 CEST 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 10 września 2007, Shawn Rutledge napisał:
> On 9/10/07, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> wrote:

> I didn't understand before that it would end up being 100% open
> source.  I thought you had to sign an NDA?  But if the driver is to be
> completely open, and the documents are to be completely open too, what
> is the purpose of the NDA?  Or maybe I just misunderstood completely.

NDA can give all available documentation on which OpenMoko team will base
open docs which will describe only those parts which vendor allows. As
result community will get source code of drivers + documentation for
chipset and OpenMoko team will know more about chipset internals then it
is needed for writing drivers so if community will get problems with own
code then there will be someone who can check does something more should
be provided (and was not possible before).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

         Someday I'm gonna die but it won't be from boredom [Pink]