2007.2 dialer suggestions

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 00:22:43 CEST 2007

The biggest problem I see is that the current icons are all very similar,
and in some programs we actually have two of the same icon! (The Home icon);
one at top, one at bottom. For someone just learning the system, this is
very hard to understand.
We need more informative icons that each have their own very distinct look.
At the moment, this is a very scary case of mystery meat.

I think the Accept Call icon could have some indication of sound coming from
the receiver, and it wouldn't hurt to have the button in the middle of the
screen, where the call icon (#2) currently is located.

I also agree with swapping Speaker Phone and Hang Up. A good interface needs
a consistent rule for which side the positive and negative responses are on,
and this must never change. (For example, Gnome's HIG).

Bye,
-Dylan McCall