3 requests/questions for Openmoko: DVB-T / Buddylist / Batman-Mesh

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 23:40:09 CEST 2007

On 16 Sep 2007, at 22:16, Michael Schmidt wrote:

> DVB-T does not need any licence agreement, it is just terrestrial
> recieving on a phone.
> Therefore the display should be bigger... So this requires not a media
> player, but as well some hardware adjusting, a DVB-T Reciever chip and
> a bigger display.

It's DVB-H not DVB-T on a handheld. We've yet to see how each country
handles the system. DVB-T has conditional access for some channels in
the UK. Not sure about DVB-H.

There are higher priorities at this time. It needs hardware adding to
the phone which joins a large list of other things people are asking
for.

Some people want media, some want messaging, others want compactness,
others wants gaming, others want GPS etc... To add all results in a
swiss army knife type phone, bulky.