Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:29:59 CEST 2007

Thanks,

but why is the Neo phone not a small laptop? that all can be
installed, at least for the needed libraries.
So a GTK gui still makes sense...
Greenphone then can as well join OPENMOKO platform, and if greenphone
uses only QT, is then the GTK application working? -> no, if the
GTK-Library is not installed.
So we need a software/library proove at the startup and a path to the
extending memory card with the proove of the installed libraries..
And that for every phone...

Why is this announcement done now, and the code of QTopia 4.3 released
in late Oktober?
This should be speeded up from the project management, as the
applications cannot wait weeks with no coding...

And I guess in the later all will be QT... then the GTK is an old
fashion as maybe laptop applicaitons  as well switch from GTK to QT.

This should be decided soon,
a) if NEO gets enough RAM to run both
b) if the operating system can have both libraries by default
c) if there is a direction from the project management, wanting this
or that for the new development..
d) why Qtopia is released so late.. as well the preview FTP of it is
not working.. what is this for an annoucement???

Thanks for answering! Mike