Qtopia coming for Neo1973

thomas.cooksey at bt.com thomas.cooksey at bt.com
Tue Sep 18 20:48:04 CEST 2007

>Very simple, i would think it is about compatibility of code.  With
>openmoko, it is a small difficulty to port a normal linux application
>to openmoko.  With Qtopia, it would probably involve a rewrite of
>major sections of the code.

So you're saying Qtopia makes it harder to port desktop applications designed to be used with a 17"+ monitor, keyboard and mouse to a device with no buttons and a 2.8" touch screen. I'd argue that the problems with porting desktop applications are far greater than the underlying framework. Are there any instances of a desktop application being ported to the OpenMoko which is usable? The only one I've seen is gpaint on OpenHand's Poky Linux, and that looked fiddly at best.