Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Tue Sep 18 21:36:57 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 19:13 +0100, thomas.cooksey at bt.com wrote:
> Has anyone seen these benchmarks: http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/benchmarks.html
>
> It compares Cairo (what GTK+ uses) against QT. When it comes to rendering, I
> believe Qtopia & QT use the same code. So ignoring X,
>
> "Qt was respectively 7, 5 and 6 times faster. Than Cairo in those plain tests."

Hi,

I'd just like to mention that OpenMoko is not using Cairo for rendering,
so this comparison is not relevant to OpenMoko. We are currently using a
temporary pixmap based theme.

In fact, just this morning I started writing the replacement theme
engine for OpenMoko that uses direct X rendering (that is, it uses GDK
rather than Cairo). Since I was also testing Qtopia on the Neo1973 this
morning, I can say that the speed of Qtopia rendering and the new GDK
based engine I wrote are very similar.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/