Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Sep 19 17:43:21 CEST 2007

thomas.cooksey at bt.com wrote:
> <snip>
> This is something someone else touched on. If you're writing an application, abstract all the complicated stuff away from the UI code, then you can make whatever kind of UI you want. NetworkManager I think is a perfect example of this. It would be good to have a defined interface to access PIM info, make calls etc. I believe LiPS has been set up to do just that. So perhaps it would be better to make moth OpenMoko & Qtopia PE LiPS complient. I heard that the LiPS forum hired a load of GPE PE developers to develop a reference implementation. It might be worth looking at GPE PE and lifting some of the standardised bits. I don't know, perhaps this is happening already?
I asked this question on the G(PE)^2 listserv - both projects started
very close in time to each other, have different backing and slightly
different goals, but there is reasonable overlap and it is my
understanding from one of the core G(PE)^2 members that they are working
with the openmoko team to collaborate as much as possible.  I don't
really have any detail beyond that.

Rgds,
j.