Neo 1973 certification in Russia (Rostest)

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Thu Sep 20 10:02:19 CEST 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:44:05 +0200, Raphael Jacquot <sxpert at sxpert.org>
wrote:

>> I want to have Neo1973 in Russia. AFAIK there is a problem about
>> certification in Rostest. I can discover certification procedure and
>> prices from Rostest. I wrote following email at Rostest (in Russian):

> yet another bullshit certification procedure designed to keep stuff out
> the market...

Hey, so far noone has been trying to keep Neo out of the market. Don't be
judgmental yet.

However, I envision it can be a hard time certifying a piece of phone
hardware without the accompanying software. If the software can be changed
by the user any minute, the phone at any given time may or may not comply
to various regulations (like, e.g., speaking the GSM protocol correctly).