Help Request for our Webshop

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Sat Sep 22 22:22:17 CEST 2007

Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Joshua Layne wrote:
>
>> a brief googling *  turned up 'substruct' - open source, based on
>> ruby on rails - meets a subset of your requirements, but may be
>> extensible enough that you don't have to reinvent the entire wheel,
>> only the shiny new spin-rims.
>

> The carts I've played with generally have no concept of credit card
> security.   I did a project with zencart a while back, and had to
> retrofit my own credit card security model into the system because it
> just stored credit card information in the database, where an SQL
> injection attack would reveal everything.

Or you completely offload the problem.
Paypal means that you never see the CC info at all.
Ebay has perfectly functional web-stores.

 >>50% of your buyers won't even need to do more than click 'buy now',
and then click through to paypal and pay in seconds.
There are many, many canned applications to print labels for packaging,
and to compute shipping.

Adding new stock is utterly trivial.