Is GTA2 UMA/GAN capable

Richard Boehme rboehme at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:54:33 CEST 2007

> > Will the GTA2 be UMA/GAN capable?
>
> no.
>
> > If not, does anyone know if FIC has any plans for a UMA/GAN capable
> > OpenMoko phone?
>
> yes, we would love to have one.  But I don't think there is any way how
> we could do it in the forseeable future.

What would be the constraints on not building a UMA/GAN capable phone?
Would it be that the chipset is different, or licensing issues? My
main concern upon purchase is that the hardware is capable; I would be
willing to wait a while for the software and just use it as an
organizer until capable software is ready.

In short, what would it take to turn 'not in the forseeable future' to
'feasible'?

Thanks.

Richard