Is neo1973 dual boot possible?

Sudharshan S sudharsh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:24:36 CEST 2007

On 9/21/07, Krzysztof Kajkowski <cayco at poczta.cayco.pl> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to have both Qtopia and OM environments on one phone?
> One could be able to chooses system on startup (such as grub or lilo
> chooses Linux or Windows ;). That would be useful - you could use
> Qtopia env as a phone during day but at night you could reboot to OM
> and start hacking ;)
>
> Guys, I actually attempted it but when I boot OM from "Boot from SD"
option from the bootloader menu I get some "Bad Partition and Bad Magic
Number error". Unfortunately I am taken back to the boot loader menu rather
fast before I can take a good look at things. I had followed the
instructions from here.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#Installing_without_removing_your_SD_card
If anyone had better luck, let us know...
Qtopia is on the internal flash memory and I had attempted to copy over the
root filesystem + uImage over ssh.

Regards
Sudharshan S