Help Request for our Webshop

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Mon Sep 24 19:27:45 CEST 2007

> I've done enough work in django (python) recently that the idea of going
> back to PHP sounds like some kind of really brutal punishment.   The
> code is really much easier to read, because the code and presentation
> are kept in separate files. The original idea with PHP of embedding code
> in HTML was cool in theory, but in practice I think templates are a lot
> easier to maintain.   Django isn't perfect, but I can see why people are
> edging towards it and away from PHP.

It's not just PHP - Java EE had the idea (long ago) of embedding code in
HTML, but now we tell people to "get the Java out of the JavaServer
Pages".

It's funny in a sad sort of way - the original MVC paper was published
in 1979, darn near three decades ago, and way too many developers still
haven't got the idea. It's bad when they mess up one application, but
when they publish a framework, and zillions of people start using it...