Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Carlo E. Prelz fluido at fluido.as
Tue Sep 25 20:14:36 CEST 2007

	Subject: Re: Qtopia coming for Neo1973
	Date: mar 25 set 07 09:42:36 -0700

Quoting Ted Lemon (mellon at fugue.com):

> So when you say Qt is bad because there's no C API,

Noooo. I just say that Qt has no C api. And this makes it
unusable. For me. No mention of it being bad.

This is the only statement I object about in your last mail. I have
been writing code for a living for longer than I would care to
remember, and the programming language is my main tool. I cannot
invest a sizeable chunk of arable brain land in a tool that does not
properly express my mental patterns. C++ did not cut my cake. No need
to repeat the experience. I already know how to write what little user
interface code I need to write, either in C or in Ruby, with
GTK. Luckily I do not need to meddle with micro$oftland.

I did even buy a C++ book long time ago. I still have it here with me:
C++: The Core Language, by Gregory Satir and Doug Brown, O'Reilly, 1st
edition, 1995. TWELVE YEARS AGO! I am getting old.

> Sorry to be such a windbag.

I would never have written this 8-)

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido at fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe