Hardiness of the Neo1973?

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Fri Sep 28 21:11:10 CEST 2007

On 9/28/07, William Voorhees <will.voorhees at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm also very interested in developing a Sports/Exercise style application
> for the openmoko. I'm an avid cyclist and I have developed a little program
> to read HR monitor data from the Suunto Heart Rate monitor using the Suunto
> PC Pod. It's a USB device that communicates using the ANT ( thisisant.com)
> protocol. I'll try and post some info/code about my work sometime this
> weekend. We should be able to plug this into the openmoko to give it access
> to all kinds of sports monitoring equipment.

now THAT's a cool idea... I'd been trying to figure out how to get HR data
over bluetooth... but the only hardware for that I could find was a full ekg
setup... while it would be cool to have that depth of information, it goes
way beyond what I really need, or want to pay for.  It also removes the need
to make a bluetooth cadence sensor (imagine how big a battery that would
need)

Very nice, but I haven't had a chance to play with a PC pod... is it bus
powered, or battery?  has anyone tried it with an unpowered bus? (I'm still
debating whether or not I'll upgrade to a GTA02)
--
Jeff