Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones like OpenMoko

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 23:15:21 CEST 2007

On 28 Sep 2007, at 22:03, Jeremy G wrote:

> While we're on the topic, check out the recent Gizmodo iPhone re-
> review:
>
> http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone/iphone-re+reviewed-verdict-dont-
> buy-302075.php
>
> There's some serious dis-satisfaction brewing among the iPhone geek
> community.
>
> J.

That's the problem, Apple doesn't want anyone to play around with
their product. They're really moving towards the console market where
the manufacturer thinks they own your product even though you paid
them for it.

It will backfire, Apple will wonder why they are losing sales and
that pot of cash they were filling will soon run out.