Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones likeOpenMoko

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Sat Sep 29 02:09:11 CEST 2007

alan at rotorgraphics.com wrote:

> In my humble opinion, and I know I'm going to take a lot of arrows for
> this, FIC needs to halt the GTA02 work and re-form factor the design to
> have a larger, glass protected screen.

The neo's screen is already bigger- it has more pixels.

In any case, the neo isn't about schnazz, it's about freedom.  Kind of
like PC hardware vs mac hardware.  PC hardware is open and awesome- you
can pick from 500 different motherboards, gfx cards, vendors, etc.,
unlike the apple-only mac, but pc hardware isn't as schnazzy looking as
macs.

IMO the neo isn't and should be trying to be schnazzy, I think you're
wrong about matching up to the iphone's look.

Although I do hope the neo comes in colors, that would be appropriate to
the freedom thing.