HW difference between 2nd generation Neo1973 and mass market release

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Sat Sep 29 04:35:19 CEST 2007

Gianni Costanzi wrote:
> Hi people,
> I would like to know if there will be any HW differences between the
> 2nd generation Neo1973 that will be released in October (hopefully)
> and what is called mass-marked version... will it be only a SW
> difference (i.e. just a matter of upgrading the SW on the "october
> version")? What will happen if the "october version" will show some HW
> problems? Will buyers have the possibility to get their Neo1973 fixed?
>
> I don't know if there is an answer for my questions above..
>
> I hope to have it soon in my hands... :D

It won't be october.
December - perhaps.

All hardware bugs should hopefully be found and determined to be
non-important, or workroundable by the first qualified testers to be
shipped devices. (this has not happened yet)
If this does not turn out to be the case, the device will not go on sale
in december, but a new hardware revision will need to be produced, and
again tested.

It is not intended (as I understand it) to release possibly buggy hardware.