Loosing your moko

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Fri Apr 4 04:05:48 CEST 2008

The idea of a homing beacon is pretty cool. I have to say, however
that havign a centralized place for this information to be stored
is... as politely as possible, stupid.

Asking "Can we do something" expresses creativity but requires a
"should we do something". We know the device CAN do that, figuring out
how to impliment it and keep the user in control of that data should
always be first and foremost. A client/server setup, that anyone with
a PC or server can setup makes a lot of sense.

And just remember, serial numbers physically etched on the device and
a report to your insurance agency can go a long way with mitigating
the loss if you ever loose your Neo.

-Kevin