Loosing your moko

Steve openmoko at hyper-mega.net
Fri Apr 4 08:13:43 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:36:48AM +0800, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> Sebastian Billaudelle wrote:
>> Hi there!
>> I thought about the risk of loosing the moko or of getting it stolen...
>> I got the following idea:
>> If you can't find you moko, you only have to send an SMS with a special
>> keyword/passphrase to your moko.
>> It recognises the special text and sends the current coordinates to a
>> server. So you can see it's position.
>
> Hehe...sounds fun.

I think more along the lines of:

On startup a process runs, if it recognises the sim it shuts down, if it
doesn't recognise the sim it continues in the background until an ip
connection is established and it takes the data from current sim and
uploads it $somewhere, or if that takes too long, takes the phone number
from current sim and smses that to a nominated phone number.

Hello, Police? Yea, the person who has my stolen phone has this phone
number: xxxxxx and is located here: yyyyy could you please get it back
for me?

Steve /..