Openmoko strives for openness (smedia glamo)

herve couvelard herve.couvelard at viva-vous.net
Fri Apr 4 10:19:00 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Dear Hervé,
> here is my perspective:
 >[...........;]
> Most chip vendors see their business in selling chips. Documentation is
> engineers can. Again we could only do this with vendors who understand
> what we are doing, trust us, and generally agree to the idea. We would

That is exactly the meaning of my "fair". If vendors fully agrees with
what is decided, i'm fully happy with that. I understand manufacture
world is not wonderland, what i was saying is "free world must do what
he is _supposed_ doing", not finding ways around.

If the vendor agrees about letting someone(s) use the nda "under the
responsibility of om" i am fully satisfied with it and i fully support
that fact as a "middle of the river position".

openmokko is really a great project that would show the world that
openness is a real possibility not only a sweet dream.

i always by open products, even if could do without it (for exemple
gp2x, and down om

hervé