Power Management on Neo1973

Tim Niemeyer tim.niemeyer at mastersword.de
Fri Apr 4 18:15:23 CEST 2008

Hallo Fredrik,

* Fredrik Markström <fredrik.markstrom at avalon-technology.se> [04-04-08 12:59]:
>    I'm getting an uneasy feeling about the GTA01 power management issues, the
>    questions has been asked more then once in this forum, but I havn't seen
>    any answeres. Is openmoko trying to "put the lid on" or what ?
I think all are in GTA02 elation, ... [ :-) & :-( ]

But i also want clearness!

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-January/012456.html
Huh? Doesn't used qtopia the same kernel as openmoko at that time/date?

Resume works! But not ever, this remembers me on my old notebook, with
bad drivers... I found the driver by using this pm-trace feature for
i386 hardware. Isn't it possible to port this to the neo?
Or are there other ways to debug the resume? I really want to work on
it, but i don't know how!

I don't know the power usage in suspend, but if the device doesn't wake
up every time, we don't need to talk about power usage!

And to give this GTA01-PM thing a new mind:
I think with working power management, we are all better capable in
testing software!