Virtual QWERTY Keyboards to be used with Fingers...

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Mon Apr 7 01:31:03 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> interesting you mention this. i actually thought of using aspell as the core of
> a probability and correction matching engine, but as such it's api isn't
> sufficient to use it.

That was my idea/hope too...
> so anyway- aspell would have been great - it'd offload the matching to a
> library designed for this kind of stuff, but alas, it's api is not sufficient,
> so i need to do a custom one. :(

I agree with your ':('... :P
BTW maybe the aspell data (dictionaries) could be used, isn't it? I hope
it will be possible to have some compatibility with it since it's the
most used correction tool on open systems, and this would allow to use
the many resources that are already available for it without creating
them (again) from scratch.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/