Unofficial poll: Do you want 3G in the proposed successor, GTA03?

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Mon Apr 7 19:00:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Steven **
<montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a US resident, 3G is pretty useless to me.  Mostly because it costs
>  AT LEAST an additional $30 a month to utilize it.  I'm also not sure
>  it's available in my area.

I'm also a US resident and the unlimited plan on my carrier is $19.99 a month.

>  WiFi, on the other hand, is free when it's available (which is
>  admittedly scarce in some areas).

The main trade offs between wifi and 3G, IMO, are consistancy. In this
area, 3G is EVERYWHERE but there are few if ANY wifi services that can
handle a 50 mile radius without a drop. I see no point in having a
mobile internet connecting if you can't actually connect to the
internet while moving.