Data over normal GSM call

Matt Manjos matt at manjos.com
Tue Apr 8 16:41:10 CEST 2008

I don't know about specific cases, but I think that cell phone
companies are more concerned about people using VOIP over data over
gsm voice calls.

There was talk earlier about writing a fax program that uses incoming
calls to receive faxes, and that GSM couldn't transmit decent faxes
because of a quality or bandwidth problem, but I can't remember the
specifics. This might hinder such a setup.

Matt